All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:40 pm

Post subject: First Finecast Purchase Help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey all :)

Been a long time since I posted here, and unfortunately I've gotten very little painting done :( But no need to rush, and I'm loving the way the few uruk scouts I have done are turning out :)

Anyway, what I'm asking here is for some advice on Finecast. I've never bought any Finecast before, but to complete my two Galadhrim armies, I'll be getting the Galadhrim Commander box set soon. So I presume I should open the box before I leave the store, and check for bubbles and stuff? Any other advice?

Post subject: Re: First Finecast Purchase Help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hi and welcome back , haven't seen you around for a while.

Thankfully Fartca err sorry Finecast is getting better. I think the last 30+ FC purchases i have made have been flawless scuptwise. If you are buying instore I would still advise opening the box and checking that all parts of the model are as they should be, check fingers, weapons etc for mssing or chipped parts. Check face for deformities - a common problem in early FC days. Bent weapons etc are not too much of a problem as can be fied with warm water. Air bubbles fixable with liquid green stuff but if you get a model with a dirty great bubble in a place that you deem a pain in the behing to fix then ask for a replacement- your well within your rights.

Getting a model in good shape unfortunately is the easy bit nowadays, once you get it home and begin to paint is where you have a fight on your hands. Make sure you wash and dry the model prior to priming or the prime coat will not adhere whatsoever. Good luck mate and kep us updated with more of your fantastic work.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:54 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have started to use the Vallejo undercoats, they are for airbrushing but will stick to finecast resin really well.
I find fine cast designed for finecast to be of better quality than old metal figures transfered to finecast.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The staff in-store are very helpfull and totaly understand any issue with the products. Talk to them if you are not happy with anything. Also do not be afraid to ask about anything. They were realy good resolving my issues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Bought my first Finecast straight of the shelf without checking it first today!!!! I was on a paint run at my local GW and they had a Yazneg in stock, I thought he was only direct so I bought him.... Got the model home, had a quick look over it and he looks ok.... :)