All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:21 pm

Post subject: Re: LOTR RPG Thread 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:22 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Just after these words left Dinval's mouth, an elf walked into the doorway of the great hall, with fear on his face.'We're getting ambushed! Spiders are everywhere, they seem to have gathered around our city. Also, there are two southrons waiting outside, why are they here?'. A loud noise raised from the crowd inside the massive hall, as all people inside started to panic. Ulfor cursed the guard, as he exposed his friends to the atention of hundreds of elves.

Last edited by mastermanje on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"As i said: 'Time is of the essence'." Then Dinval called his steed in an unknown language and it came to him very shortly, looking flustered but ready. Dinval put his hood up and, mounting swiftly, cantered out of Tharundil's halls, his cloak billowing behind him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

For a few moments, and for those few moments only, Ulfor froze. Thinking quickly, he told the nearest Elves, "The 'Southrons' are with me, for now at least I'll speak more on this matter when there is time, allow us to help prepare your defences." Then, he swiftly departed the room to find his friends, and bring them back, blindfolded if possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

'Spiders, oh poo you elves overreact' moaned Salmien as his hands crept towards the two sheaths that lay on his belt, after careful deliberation Salmien chose his duelling blade; concluding that spiders had thin hides, and skewering them one by one would be more effective that hacking away with Talon. Upon unsheathing it, and after a brief examination of the silk-thin blade, the duelist headed over to wherever the fighting was thickest.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

'Why are we discussing here about how strong spiders are when they're fighting the people we should protect outside? Come, let's fight them, may the best elf win!'. Methild draw her sword, walked out of the room, wispering some spells which lighted up the top of her staff. The others followed her, their weapons glimming by the light of Methild's staff. When they all got outside, they saw spiders fighting elves everywhere: they'd climbed the walls and attacked the guards. For a moment Methild was taken over by fear, but then she smashed her staff on the ground, and out of the great ruby on the top of her staff came the light of Ëarendil. Everyone in the party tried to get in combat as quickly as possible. Methild ran towards two spiders, brought her sword high in the sky, and smashed it through the first one, before she smashed the other one with her staff, setting the evil creature ablaze! After that, she looked around her. She could feel the pressence of something darker around, but didn't know where it was. Then, she got distracted by a spider running towards one of the civillian of Mirkwood. She ran towards the spider, trying to cast a spell on it in order to turn him into ashes, but discovered such spells could only kill orcs or goblins. Her sword cut through the large body of the spider, splatting blood on her dress. A fourth spider charged her in her back, but Methild threw her sword right through the body of the dark arachnid. But then a blood red spider jumped of the roof of the house next to Methild. Cursing the large distance between her and her blade, Methild charged the spider, using her staff as a sort of lance. Just when she thought she'd stabbed it right through the spider, she felt the legs of the arachnid on her back. She tried to turn around and attack the spider, but fell on the ground. Just when all hope for her seemed lost, a very thin sword stabbed through the spider: Salmien Cruzo's dueling sword.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Ulfor could not find his friends straight away, so trusting them to their own devices (and knowing that if one of them died, the other was almost certainly the traitor), he joined the Elves and friends in battle, though he knew that he could best no Elf in a duel, and that his wits would not overcome a monstrous hairy spider the size of horse, and with the intelligence of a 10 year old child.

Ulfor weilded two longe curved daggers, similar to the blades of the Hasharii he used to look up to, and he took them in hand, and doubled back, searching for the trace of the commotion - he heard the noise before he saw it, and he he thrust the blade of his left dagger towards the unprotected face of the first monstrous arachnid, knowing to avoid the thick, and tough exosceleton that encased its body. The first spider was caught unawares, and green and yellow blood, spurting, iit collapsed.

He was not so lucky with the second spider, and the monster was almost on top of him before he had a chace to react...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Pulling his blade from Methild's assailant, he noticed yet another one of his colleagues, the southerner, was in peril. "Amateurs" he sighed as he approached the second spider, a firm boot to the head threw the creature off balance; which in turn allowed Salmien to unsheath his other sword, a bizarre scimitar hybrid, and do away with two of the creatures legs.
"You can finish it off!" he grunted to Ulfor as he sheathed his sword."There is an entire army stationed in mirkwood. It is their duty to deal with the creatures, truth told I am shocked we were even called to fight!"

Salmien now elected to head back to the chamber where everyone met. On the way back Salmien face two spiders, both fools who took him from the front and received pierced eyes from Salmien's rapier. Once back to the keep, he eyed an unusual bracelet, assuming it was a guards, he took it for his own, not realising what it really was.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Firi raised his bow quickly, firing his arrow into the eye of a nearby spider, which then squealed in pain, black blood leaking from where its eye had been. He fired a second arrow into the creature, causing it to rear up, exposing its belly and Firi aimed again, hitting the spider in the middle of its body, and it fell onto its back, dead. The Dwarf frowned, exchanging his bow for his axe, and leapt forwards, cutting three legs off a spider, and two off of another in one swing, and began to slowly force his way over to Methild, carving through a trio of spiders as he did. “Methild, we must find a way to get past these wretched creatures and get on with our quest. Do you have any ideas?” Firi yanked his axe free from a spider, before swinging it down as hard as he could, killing the beast.