All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:18 am

Post subject: King of Middle Earth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:57 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ok, so this battle rep is between myself, GloryForGondor, and his cousin.

We all headed to Gondors house yesterday to have a battle of the five armies type fight.

We made a hybrid Lords of Battle/High Ground scenario. We get one point for each model touching the tower in the middle at the end of a phase, and 1 point for each kill. Killing the enemy's leader is 3 points.

So.....in Gondors army, ironically, he took mordor. He actually had Sauron with the 1 ring haha...I looked at the table like OMG. He also took the Shadow Lord (proxied by Dark Marshall) and a rabble of Orcs, Mordor Uruk Hai, and possibly another model or two.

Gondors cousin, lol took Gondor. If it couldnt get any worse, he took Aragorn the King on horse haha, Faramir all maxed out on awesomeness, Guards of the Fountain Court, Citadel archers, and warriors of minis tirith and rangers.

I took a battle of the five armies, army lol. I took as my leader, Beorn, Thranduil with 10 Mirkwood Rangers, Thorin with 12 warriors of Erebor, and Alfred(proxied by Grima) and 6 laketown spearmen.

So we rolled for priority, and layed down terrain and forces.
Heres how it looked:

This is just a view of my guys from the back^

Here is Gondor's army:

For some reason, this next one came out small, but this was the objective, and those black things are my Dwarves.
My strategy. knowing with such tough warriors were on the table, would be to rush the objective because I knew my opponents would probably wait for someone to make the first move. So I did. I took the objective and was the only one holding it for several rounds. I knew having Dwarves I could sit their with the high D, spear support, and banner support. That itself won me the game....spoiler alert? I just stacked up too many Victory Points off of that.

At that point, for several turns, my Dwarves beat back the Mordor scum, and held points. One thing that happened though was Alfred....his rule rolled a six, and bumped Thorin up to 6 might!!! So I stood him on the front line against Mordor with his Dwarves. I cast Natures Wrath with Thranduil, but it was resisted by the wraith! Punk! So I did cast Aura of Dismay and channeled it. So mordor had it rough charging Thorin and his shield wall. Heres a shot of the battle line:

At this point, Thorin grabbed his sword, said IDGAF and charged Sauron every. single. turn. Using heroic strikes, he barely lost a fight....although he also did not wound the Lord of the Ring. But he must have held him at bay alone for 4-5 turns while Dwarves started chopping down Mordor foot soldiers.

I forget to mention earlier, I did run Beorn as a Bear right up to the middle to tear through mordor, but Sauron chilled soul and wounded him immdiately. I saw those two Magicians, and I pulled him back to my battle lines and ran him to the right, towards Gondor....

You cant really see, but to the right of that photo are a ton of Fountain Guards and Aragorn the King.....scary stuff....
The guy playing Gondor is a very cautious, defensive player so he took a while to get into the fight.

My left flank started to split up a bit, to cover itself, but nobody was dieing. Between Thranduils rule, the banner, and the Dwarves defenses, nobody could tactically out maneuver me, and nobody on my side was really dieing.....

Furthermore, to the chagrin of Glory4Gondor, his magic was either being resisted or just not working! A lot! This next picture, you can see, even the Great Sauron decided to flee and throw his orcs toward Thorin!! Thorin had pushed back the baddest guy in middle earth.

At this point the battle looks confusing picture wise.....what had happened was that on the left we kept fighting, and on the right Gondor finally approached. Aragorn heroic marched his guys to within feet of my Elves, some laketown guard, and Beorn.

At this point, Thorin grabbed his sword, said IDGAF and charged Sauron every. single. turn. Using heroic strikes, he barely lost a fight....although he also did not wound the Lord of the Ring. But he must have held him at bay alone for 4-5 turns while Dwarves started chopping down Mordor foot soldiers.

I forget to mention earlier, I did run Beorn as a Bear right up to the middle to tear through mordor, but Sauron chilled soul and wounded him immdiately. I saw those two Magicians, and I pulled him back to my battle lines and ran him to the right, towards Gondor....

I decided to risk it....I turned beorn back into a man, to A-get him physically through the lines, and trap Faramir. He, 2 Mirkwood Rangers, and a laketown man or two trapped him, and with ALL. THOSE. DICE. Faramir won the combat, knocked Beorn down, and heres where we come in again:

So basically, Aragorn kept heroic charging and he kept Beorn locked in man form. I had used all my might, and all my fate so Beorn was useless as a man. I moved Thranduil that way for a few turns to make sure he would at least cause terror to help him and my elves with charges where they were highly outnumbered.

At one point, Aragorn needed anything but a 3 or less to charge Beorn, and GOT SNAKE EYES!! Lol it kept him alive for a bit longer....but eventually, the King murdered him in man form. Beorn died without striking 1 wound on any model........BUT, he did scare them enough to slow the charge and help get other forces there and let me get a ton of VPs in the middle..... he was still worth it......took Aragorn 3 or more turns to kill him.

I decided to risk it....I turned beorn back into a man, to A-get him physically through the lines, and trap Faramir. He, 2 Mirkwood Rangers, and a laketown man or two trapped him, and with ALL. THOSE. DICE. Faramir won the combat, knocked Beorn down, and heres where we come in again:

And at the same time, Gondor gets in the fight and charged Mordor:

So basically, Aragorn kept heroic charging and he kept Beorn locked in man form. I had used all my might, and all my fate so Beorn was useless as a man. I moved Thranduil that way for a few turns to make sure he would at least cause terror to help him and my elves with charges where they were highly outnumbered.

At one point, Aragorn needed anything but a 3 or less to charge Beorn, and GOT SNAKE EYES!! Lol it kept him alive for a bit longer....but eventually, the King murdered him in man form. Beorn died without striking 1 wound on any model........BUT, he did scare them enough to slow the charge and help get other forces there and let me get a ton of VPs in the middle..... he was still worth it......took Aragorn 3 or more turns to kill him.

Heres Beorn and the troops down and out:

These next few are Gondor going after evil, and also the general chaos of Sauron and mordor going after me at the tower.

In that last one, you see Thranduil back on the left flank. What happened between was after Beorn died, I fought a few rounds and actually killed a ton of Gondorians with the Rangers....they were rolling sixes like it indeed was the last battle of their lives.....but eventually, Sauron running a muck, good stopped clashing, and we both ran towards the middle. Thats where the picture comes in. Thranduil and Dwarves and Elves all took to the middle to score some vps and kill bad guys. As did Gondor. I didnt take a picture, but at some point Sauron DID kill Thorin, but it took him many, many turns.

NOW, the last set of pictures is just the ending of my part of the battle. I killed A LOT of people with the remaining elves and dwarves but eventually both forces fighting me killed off my guys. In the last turn Thranduil went down, and then the last unit alive was my banner bearer. Considering I never used one in my life, Im proud to say I protected him well.

IDK if you guys noticed but Glory and his cousin had a little contest climbing the tower in the middle....the rule was climb up each level on 4+ they both reached the top, and a Gondorian kicked the mordor orc off the top lol.

I tried TWO rounds with an agile elf and it failed so I stopped trying haha. Not even the first tier.

What happened later is I sat down and checked out some LOTR stuff on my phone, and they continued. Sauron ran, and was chased by Aragorn and Faramir. He killed everyone I believe eventually hahaha.

I had the most vps overall, but frankly, that wasnt important with how fun that game was. So many hilarious things happened.......nerve racking things for that matter too.

We played another small game after which Ill post about soon.

My review of my army:

Almost all of my heros performed amazingly....Alfred got 5 might for us, including pushing Thorin to 6 and Thranduil to 5.
Thorin would just not die.......great profile....first time I played competitively with him, not testing him alone.

Mirkwood Rangers barely got any kills with their bows, but man did they cut people up.....wow.

And the warriors of Erebor performed very well also. Im so happy I decided to build this army now. Shielding, spear support, and a high D-very very hard to kill.

One of the most fun games of my life. Thanks Clint(GloryforGondor) and your cousin as well.

Sorry about the terrible camera work guys....first off my phone was dead out at the location so I had to take quick photos and get it back on the charger.....also....there was so much going on in the game with all that anarchy I tried to take them fast and get back to the game...i was SO into it haha.

Questions and comments welcome.

Last edited by LordoftheBrownRing on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: King of Middle Earth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi , A nice read ! :) very intersting to see 3 army's join the battle, altough it can turn out a bit unbalanced, with one fresh gondor army and two wheatered one's...
I also like how you used Beorn although it didn't work out as good as was hoped :shock:

but you double posted some parts If am not mistaken. Just search for :

Ok, so this battle rep is between myself, GloryForGondor, and his cousin.

and you see it is posted twice

ps: also the part about Beorn and aragorn is doubled.

prov. 27:17
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

It was an awesome battle. Thorin and his oaken shield with 6 might are beastly. My spell rolls where total garbage. I got 8 out 24 off total . And Sauron runs from no man what isn't in the pics is ben the third player set cirion with 12 gondorians at my weak left flank so the dark lord killed cirion and about 8 of them. I used the last will of the shadow lord to compel out thorin who was now behind the tower mine for gold I guess. Poof the shadow lord was gone and thorin was out of the range of thranduils aura of dismay and the dark lord got his revenge killing the now trapped thorin. Then my orcs got beat down by elves and dwarfs sauron got hemmed in by faramir and Aragorn the King and fought them back. By this time bens decided to throw his gondor horde at Sauron and go after Thranduil with his hero's and bodyguards. In the middle of all this chaos one ore manages to climb the 4 story's to the top of the tower two elven rangers then failed to climb up but 3 gondorians gave chase finally kicking the orc off the top 300 style. Sauron kept trying to hit Aragorn with chill soul while he was beating on thranduil but to no avail. Sauron by the end had to run from Faramir and Aragorn. Shoting a chill soul every turn to devastating effect since there was no will left on the field. They did catch him and trap him and Aragorn with a mighty blow kill Sauron himself. But the power of the ring could not be undone. I rolled a 4 and the ring sustained the dark lord and he got vengeance first Aragorn the King then faramir. Sauron was the last standing on the field.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sounds like fun was had by all. I like the bit about having to climb the tower for VP. Chaos on the battlefield is your friend.

Send me and Rambo a PM and we three can get togather for a match.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:21 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Jelier wrote:
Hi , A nice read ! :) very intersting to see 3 army's join the battle, altough it can turn out a bit unbalanced, with one fresh gondor army and two wheatered one's...
I also like how you used Beorn although it didn't work out as good as was hoped :shock:

but you double posted some parts If am not mistaken.
and you see it is posted twice

ps: also the part about Beorn and aragorn is doubled.

Glad you enjoyed and thank you! I may or may not have had many drinks before posting this. 8)

Glory4gondor wrote:
It was an awesome battle. Thorin and his oaken shield with 6 might are beastly. My spell rolls where total garbage. I got 8 out 24 off total . And Sauron runs from no man what isn't in the pics is ben the third player set cirion with 12 gondorians at my weak left flank so the dark lord killed cirion and about 8 of them. I used the last will of the shadow lord to compel out thorin who was now behind the tower mine for gold I guess. Poof the shadow lord was gone and thorin was out of the range of thranduils aura of dismay and the dark lord got his revenge killing the now trapped thorin. Then my orcs got beat down by elves and dwarfs sauron got hemmed in by faramir and Aragorn the King and fought them back. By this time bens decided to throw his gondor horde at Sauron and go after Thranduil with his hero's and bodyguards. In the middle of all this chaos one ore manages to climb the 4 story's to the top of the tower two elven rangers then failed to climb up but 3 gondorians gave chase finally kicking the orc off the top 300 style. Sauron kept trying to hit Aragorn with chill soul while he was beating on thranduil but to no avail. Sauron by the end had to run from Faramir and Aragorn. Shoting a chill soul every turn to devastating effect since there was no will left on the field. They did catch him and trap him and Aragorn with a mighty blow kill Sauron himself. But the power of the ring could not be undone. I rolled a 4 and the ring sustained the dark lord and he got vengeance first Aragorn the King then faramir. Sauron was the last standing on the field.

Lol.....300 style indeed. And good reference...indeed the power of the Ring, could not be undone.......Not even by Aragorn.....too bad he never just fell down like Isildur and decided to cut the ring off his finger.

They should make a rule with Aragorn, Isildur, and some other might heros. If you roll to wound Sauron, instead of doing damage and if you succeed, you can roll again. Then you need a 6, followed by 5, followed by 4 after the successful to wound roll. Then if you do, you cut the ring off his finger.

First Ager Smith wrote:
Sounds like fun was had by all. I like the bit about having to climb the tower for VP. Chaos on the battlefield is your friend.

Send me and Rambo a PM and we three can get togather for a match.

Will do. Whos Rambo btw???