All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:53 pm

Post subject: Scenario - The Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This is my first try for making my own scenario for SBG in along time.
It involves a messenger and his bodyguards getting through an ambush to reach the other end of the field, the other guys (the ambushers) have to capture it and also carry it safely away. I used the style of missions described in the sourcebooks as it seems a good idea with the Victory Points, and yeah even if you carry the message away, there is no glory if your force is broken, your leader dead while the other team has nothing but a scratch.
I'd like you guys (and girls) to tell me what you think of it and I'd be pleased if you used my scenario.

The messenger

The Armies:
Each player chooses his force, as described in the sourcebooks, to an equal points value agreed before the game.

Layout:
Set up terrain normally, it's useful if there is a road on the board. (if you don't posses a road, just make sure there is a path without scenery from the defenders deployment zone to the exit marker)

Starting Positions:
The defending player (the one with the message) deploys his entire force first. (preferably in a marching order)
The attacking player puts at least 50% of his force into reserves and then he deploys the rest of his models more then 12 inch away of the defending players models. (these being the ambushers)

Initial Priority:
The attacking player goes first. (as he has been waiting whole day before the messenger and his companions arrive)

Objectives:
The game lasts until the end of a turn in which one force has been reduced to a quarter (25%) of it's starting number of models, or below or when the message has been safely carried away by one of the two forces. Then calculate Victory Points.

-You score 1 Victory Point if the enemy force is broken at the end of the game. If the enemy force is broken and your force is unbroken, you instead score 3 Victory Points.

-You score 1 Victory Point for causing one or more wounds on the enemy leader. (wounds prevented by a successful fate roll do not count) If you kill the enemy leader, you instead score 3 Victory Points.

-You score 5 Victory Points if you carried the message safely of the board.

Special Rules:
The Messenger: The defending player has to choose one of his models at the beginning of the game, this is the messenger. Thus the model who carries the message at the start of the game.
If the messenger gets killed he drops the message (either by shooting or in a fight), the message then can be picked up by one of the two forces. Treat it like a Light Object as described in the Hobbit Rulebook. The message has to be carried of the table within 3 inch of the marker. (or the end of the road if you have one) in any case the message isn't allowed to be picked up or bestow upon monster, flyers and mounts without riders. (this include feral wargs and such)

Reinforcements: The attacking player has to deploy the rest of his force at the end of turn 3, they arrive as through the reinforcements rule as described in the Hobbit Rulebook. And they must arrive within 3 inches form the exit marker (or the end of the road).

Last edited by belgiumfire on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Scenario - The Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Nice idea, I like it.

Objectives that can be carried add a nice twist to a scenario, we used a similar idea back in August at the Longbottom Carnival (but we used hobbits, counting as heavy objects). Keeping victory points for breaking the enemy and wounding/killing the leader means that you can still win even if the objective is carried off. I'd just change the conditions for when the game ends to stop a montrous flyer getting the message off the table early for an easy 5-0 win, or even specify that either monsters and/or flyers can't carry the message.

Good stuff, might have to give this a go.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/The_Titans/index/
 Post subject: Re: Scenario - The Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I thought that adding moveable objectives and getting the attacker to surround the opposite force that the battle would be more open then the normal SBG battles and yes, I think I should probably add the no monster/flyer rules.
If you do play this scenario, feel free to enlighten me with a battle report.