All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:47 pm

Post subject: (video) EFGT: Scenario 4 'Guard The Crossing'
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey guys!

Another sunday evening of strategy battle goodness and another Escape From Goblin Town scenario done!

This time Thorin, Dwalin and Balin make a valiant stand against the Goblin horde as the rest of the company make their escape.

Click here to watch!

Enjoy!

*Spoilers below*
Click to: Show
Wow! Dwalin's reputation is very much deserved. He's a Goblin killing machine! Thorin seems to be a monster slayer with his d3 wounds ability and he made killing the Goblin King look easy.
I can't help but think that Balin should have better rules though. In the film he's a true veteran fighter and he has a great scene in AUJ where he fights off Goblins from all angles. A far cry from his measly one str3 attack in game!

Post subject: Re: (video) EFGT: Scenario 4 'Guard The Crossing'
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Who is that women speaking at the start? :o
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:19 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Nice David Bowie insert haha!

And Dwalin definitely needs a kill count meter for the next report. Absolutely insane! :shock:

- Ahhhh you were throwing might points around like a crazy person but you completely forgot that the Goblin King is a hero too. He’s got 3 might points! A counter heroic move could have been called around 2:24 (Part 2) to force a roll off. Plus, he could have used them to bump up his blubbery save rolls

- Goblin King should have just fallen off the edge instead of taking trapped strikes

- I'm curios to find out which scenario introduces Monster Rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Armandhammer wrote:
Nice David Bowie insert haha!

And Dwalin definitely needs a kill count meter for the next report. Absolutely insane! :shock:

- Ahhhh you were throwing might points around like a crazy person but you completely forgot that the Goblin King is a hero too. He’s got 3 might points! A counter heroic move could have been called around 2:24 (Part 2) to force a roll off. Plus, he could have used them to bump up his blubbery save rolls

- Goblin King should have just fallen off the edge instead of taking trapped strikes

- I'm curios to find out which scenario introduces Monster Rules

Glad someone spotted that :-D

- I think there was a little discusion that I edited out about whether or not he could use might points for his save but we opted for no after reading the list fo allowed times to modify rolls. I could definitely be wrong though. Hmm it never occured to me that he could call heroic moves and the like though, whoops.

- I think you're right!

- Under 'Replaying the Adventure' it basically says if the Goblins and Goblin King are struggling then unleash their special rules found in the main rulebook. So I think chittering hordes isn't technically supposed to be used thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

cuchulain84 wrote:
- I think there was a little discussion that I edited out about whether or not he could use might points for his save but we opted for no after reading the list for allowed times to modify rolls.

Yep, good call! I overlooked the "Unless specifically stated, Might cannot be used to modify other rolls" line 8)

cuchulain84 wrote:
- Under 'Replaying the Adventure' it basically says if the Goblins and Goblin King are struggling then unleash their special rules found in the main rulebook. So I think chittering hordes isn't technically supposed to be used thinking about it.

I certainly wouldn't take away chittering horde rule: that’s a must for the goblins! It would have been interesting to see how this scenario would've played out if the GK had monster attacks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Armandhammer wrote:
I certainly wouldn't take away chittering horde rule: that’s a must for the goblins! It would have been interesting to see how this scenario would've played out if the GK had monster attacks.

Hilarious I would imagine. I will definitely have to try it :)