All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:34 pm

Post subject: Helm's Deep posted
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Just finished our epic battle for Helm's Deep. Took all day with a break in between to go catch the hobbit in theaters. I just posted on my world campaign youtube channel, link below. My painting also continues, I got a witch king on horse, Gandalf the grey :gandalf: , and Ent, and an Isengard Troll painted this week! only 4 more years of painting to go! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByTI7hN60lA

Hope you guys like it. P.S. I should be gettin a better camera for Xmas if Santa is good to me this year.
 Post subject: Re: Helm's Deep posted
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

rkruse wrote:
Just finished our epic battle for Helm's Deep. Took all day with a break in between to go catch the hobbit in theaters. I just posted on my world campaign youtube channel, link below. My painting also continues, I got a witch king on horse, Gandalf the grey :gandalf: , and Ent, and an Isengard Troll painted this week! only 4 more years of painting to go! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByTI7hN60lA

Hope you guys like it. P.S. I should be gettin a better camera for Xmas if Santa is good to me this year.

Watched it earlier today :) I was already a sub before :) You make some of the most interesting LOTR SBG videos on youtube, keep it going!

If you live in Stockholm and want to play a match or two, just PM me :)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Really enjoyed that, look forward to more!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

One of my subscribers posted about me focusing on painting up some more infantry instead of my big units. I agree, andI think I will focus on some of that next. Just to try and get more color into these battle reports moving forward. I hate painting 12 models at once as it seems I get no where on them, then all of the sudden they are all done! :?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:00 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That report was awesome!
(have absolutely no idea how you made the scenery, its so goood)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That was awsome keep up the good work!!

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:06 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

rkruse wrote:
One of my subscribers posted about me focusing on painting up some more infantry instead of my big units. I agree, andI think I will focus on some of that next. Just to try and get more color into these battle reports moving forward. I hate painting 12 models at once as it seems I get no where on them, then all of the sudden they are all done! :?

I'd subscribe, what other scenarios do you have planned and what other force do you have? There are a lot of poor youtube vids of games being played but felt yours gave just enough insight, a little play and rolling without being repetative or boring and you told the story of the game well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

As far as forces go, I got just about all of them. If you check out the world campaign turn 1 video on my channel, I do a quick overview of my collection and how we are playing an on going campaign with 8 different nations. At this point I am missing just a hand full of units in order to complete the entire LOTR SBG line from GW. Thats why so much of my stuff is still unpainted. I got into the game about a year ago and I have been painting as best as time allows it. (single parent with two kids, full time job, east up the free time :))
We have a few skirmishes posted up there and a tutorial on getting started in the game on the channel.
Turn 5 of the World campaign continues this Sunday so we will have some huge battles to post very soon, 1k in mordor vs about 850 in dwarves will happen, a possible siege of gondor, Osgiliath,and attacks in Mirkwood and Fangorn. Lots of armies are about to clash across our world map!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

rkruse wrote:
As far as forces go, I got just about all of them. If you check out the world campaign turn 1 video on my channel, I do a quick overview of my collection and how we are playing an on going campaign with 8 different nations. At this point I am missing just a hand full of units in order to complete the entire LOTR SBG line from GW. Thats why so much of my stuff is still unpainted. I got into the game about a year ago and I have been painting as best as time allows it. (single parent with two kids, full time job, east up the free time :))
We have a few skirmishes posted up there and a tutorial on getting started in the game on the channel.
Turn 5 of the World campaign continues this Sunday so we will have some huge battles to post very soon, 1k in mordor vs about 850 in dwarves will happen, a possible siege of gondor, Osgiliath,and attacks in Mirkwood and Fangorn. Lots of armies are about to clash across our world map!

Sounds great! I'll take a look and feep following! Keep it up :yay: