All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:49 am

Post subject: The fall of the Kings
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:26 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi, im pretty new to the site, but i thought about making a nice scenario when i came up with this. I hope you like it :-D

The fall of the Kings
Good: 9 kings of men that all have one ring each (see the special rules),should have heavy armour but not horses.
Evil: 500p of troops with no heroes, should have some MordOrcs and BlackNums.

This scenario is based on the time when the 9 kings started to get corrupted by evil. Its best played on a brigde or similar place, so only a few bad guys can engage the kings at a time.

Objectives: The good must hold out until turn 10 to win, the evil must kill or controll all the kings.
Special rules: Surrounded: Since the kings is surrounded and the Evil are pretty sure that they are going to win, the Evil automaticly pass all courage tests (even broken force tests).
The will of the rings:: The 9 kings will are under the rings control, so none of the kings have any will points. In addition, all turns after turn 5 the kings have to take a courage test before they move. If failed, the king is used exactly in the way of any other evil model, able to use heroic actions, fight and move for the evil player (he benefits of Surrounded to).
The ringwraiths
: If any king is killed, he is changed out with a ringwraith (with the same point cost as the king (but can not have a horse) and is controlled by evil.

The rings is forged with great magic, so the rings have the following abilities:
1.Ring of Power: +1 for strength.
2.Ring of Might: +1 might point.
3.Ring of Defence: +1 for defence.
4.Ring of Fate: +1 fate point.
5.Ring of Courage: +1 courage.
6.Ring of Battle: +1 attack.
7.Ring of Magic: The ring of magic gives resistance to magic special rule.
8.Ring of Fighting: +1 for Fight value.
9.Ring of Healing: The ring of healing gives a free fate point for every wound, but only saves on a 6+.
I suggest that you write a number at the kings bases to show who has which rings.

I think i got all my points into this Scenario, however, if there is any missing points just ask or make up your own rule!
:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I like it, I might as well try it out :-D

Though historically inaccurate I like it :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks =-)
Yeah, i know its not like that it happened, but if its gonna be a struggle against yourself it fits better as a novel :lol: Its better to have them fight some badies :twisted: [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Oh and BTW welcom to the One Ring :rofl: how rude of me...

On thing though have you tested it yourself cause I don´t think that troops for 500 points are equal with the 9 kings... concider giving kings some guards? a little company....

well let´s see for a 500 points:
about 83 orcs?
about 40-50 uruks?

agains 9 kings? :rofl: heh I really don´t know who will win 83 orcs or 9 2 attack kings? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks, this site rocks :D
I thought about the few kings, but thats why i put it on a brigde or something like that,
but if you still think that the kings and their ring abilitys is too weak (thats probably true :) ), you can bump down to evil 300p or somthing or set some guards for the kings. I hvent played it yet :oops: , cause the kings is expensive (after all, you need 9, and that is many $ alltogether :o ), but i think i will try with one king against 50p evil or something.