All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:23 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I am very busy with school at the moment but when in a few weeks I will be back to work on the basing article and maybe a few painting articles.
Yesterday when I turned on my computer I was notified that several files had been deleted. I looked in the dropbox folder and all of the articles were gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:14 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

'Yesterday when I turned on my computer I was notified that several files had been deleted. I looked in the dropbox folder and all of the articles were gone. Has this happened to anyone else?'

Your right, they're gone, did someone delete them or was this some automatic dropbox thing?

I'll try to get as much back as possible (I have made a few backups but I don't know if they are up to date)

This really made my day :-X :x

Edit

I've put all the articles i could find back in the dropbox file and I've made a backup on my mp3 player

Last edited by aqan on Sat May 15, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:01 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'm terrible sorry for this mistake. I hope every file is back at the right place now.

I moved all my files to another place and moved dropbox too (which wasnt supposed to happen)

Anyway, If i'm correct the files are back in there place again. I hope you can see them too and forgive me for this mistake.

T.S. Eliot - The Hollow Men
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:19 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ barukhazad thanks, now we know what the problem was.

At least we've got an up to date backup now :wink:
but next time you start moving files would you mind doing it on a quite day when I have all the time to search for missing files :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:50 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It's off topic, but I just wanted to share this..
you had your 11111th visitor today :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

imrail wrote:
It's off topic, but I just wanted to share this..
you had your 11111th visitor today :)

hahaha xD that's a keen eye you've got there! xD
anyway, just 2 days left for the presentation for school and I've got more time again ;)

greets,
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:54 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

As far as I'm concerned everything is back to normal. It's a good thing that this happened the way it did so that if it happens and files are actually lost we won't be in such a bad situation.
aqan wrote:
but next time you start moving files would you mind doing it on a quite day when I have all the time to search for missing files

I was too busy to even think about looking for files. Luckily school is ending so next week I'll be back to work! Good luck to you all with whatever work/exams you are dealing with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

After a lot longer time than I had hoped I have pretty much finished up the basing article. I have most of the pictures to go with it, I left them out as the trend has been to have them without pictures at first. Since the original idea was to have it as a collaboration it would be nice if everyone, of most everyone, added some tip and a few inspirational pictures when we put the pictures in.

I didn't end up doing an article for the shaman as I couldn't paint and take pictures at the same time, the weather here is so hot and dry that you hardly have enough time to get your highlights done before the paint in the palette dries. So I can't can pictures in between highlights but I can get pictures in between different stages to put in an article so now that I have time I could write a few more. I'm working on repainting most of my dwarves, there already are articles on warriors and rangers, so if an article on a hero is desired I could do that I've got plenty of free time so if there is anything else I could help with I'd be willing to, within reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:42 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've just taken a look at your article and it is very clear. 8)
Do you wan't me to send it to radagastbird?
Oh, and could you put the pictures in the dropbox folder. (I'm not working on my own computer so it could be that I've missed them)

I have three more days of tests to go and then school ends for this year so I have lots of free time. (this "test-week" is nothing more than makeing 2 easy tests a day )
This afternoon I'll work on the moria gameboard and on the maps but my one ring awards diorama takes a lot of time.

@ the dragon of moria any progress on the artwork?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've put what I got in. I will probably get new pictures for painting the dirt base, I've found desert yellow works a lot better than bleached bone, when I paint Drar, which is when I will also get the pictures for applying static grass.
We finished school almost a month ago so I was surprised by the inactivity on the site until I read your post and remembered that most people are just finishing. Good luck on your test, I look forwards to seeing your work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hi guys, it's been a while, I'm working on the article for the construction now that school is over! :D
just one question, how are the sticks called that you can sometimes find in meat? Because they were used in it, but I don't know the word in English.. :oops: could someone answer please? xD

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:34 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think the word you are looking for is skewers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ok, thanks :D
One of these days I hope it'll be ready, just some days I have to go too school and then I'll be able to work on it ;)

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Or cocktail-sticks?

I haven't read the article yet, but I sure am interested and I'll do it soon.

And I like the idea of uploading pictures from everyone's basing activity. More than that, I think it'd be great if everyone uploaded some dwarf/goblin/whatever's to be asociated with the project pictures. What do you think about it?

T.S. Eliot - The Hollow Men
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:19 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I don't know if it are skewers or cocktail-sticks, you guys tell me after I'm finished xD

It's almost complete now (:
And about making pictures, that's possible, I might get some HD pictures thanks to my cousin xD

I could take some of my dwarves if you'd like (:

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:45 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

To add to the good news about the book.

I actually have drawn some sketches/pictures for the book.

A giant spider and (rough skethches of) a wolf and a dragon.

I'll try to scan the image of the spider later tonight. I was inspired to draw the spider after I was painting in the garden and I saw a spider dangling on a thread of silk.

Yours

Cal

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:23 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ tdom: good to hear you've made the drawings I'm looking forward to see them.

Good to hear you are nearly finished with the article eaothen. I can't wait to see it.

I've still got to do a few things before i can start on the articles but school is finished for this year. :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:29 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I must apologise for not uploading the pictures. I'm currently 430 miles away from my drawings and my scanner. I will definately be able to scan the images tommorow night once I have returned home.

Yours

Cal

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hi guys, I'm a little busy these days but I'll be finished next week, then I go further with the article, I'm also working on the diorama for my girlfriend so that also is keeping me away, it has to be finished in August, I just put a basecoat on it. (:

but what if I upload the article from what I have so far? So you can read it and tell me what you think of it, I don't have much time to get on my pc these days but now I'm going to write some for the article again, and then it'll be friday if I get back online so... but what do you think if I already upload it what I have so far? (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:42 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ eaothen: It would be great if you could upload what you got, I really would like to see it and I think I speak for all of us. :)
Good luck with the diorama, is there a chance of showing some pictures once it's finished. 8) :pray:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next