All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:56 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Have you tried looking in your 'recycle bin'? Whenever you delete something it should be moved to there. If you go under the 'recycle bin and right click the file there should be an option to restore it. 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

theavenger001 wrote:
Have you tried looking in your 'recycle bin'? Whenever you delete something it should be moved to there. If you go under the 'recycle bin and right click the file there should be an option to restore it. 8)

yeah I did, I wonder what happened :o
I didn't even clicked on delete :s
it's weird.. :s
ah we'll see.. I'll just have to remake the article, that's the most inportant there was xD
but funny, my pictures are still there.. strange.. :s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

maybe you didnt remove it but placed it into a different folder (happens to me quite often)

so you could try to search for the file (just use the search button in the start-menu-thing), if you know the name of the file ofcourse, i hope it helps^^
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

well.. it's not placed somewhere else, cause I can't find it with the search button, and the files that where in the map are gone to.. :s
but it's vacation now, so it's ok ;)
I'll just need some more time, normally I'd be finished this week.. >.<
I'll see how things turns out ;)

thx for helping me, to bad it didn't work :(
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:03 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

sorry to hear that your files are lost. :(
It's not a big chance but you might want to try open recent files with word.(if these are the last ones you made with word)
If you can't find them good luck with making a new one :P

Right now I have all the time I need to make the maps as I'm ill once more (just in time for christmas).
they will probably be finished by tommorow.

For sinterklaas I've got an hot wire cutter so wit a bit of luck I can make a moria board when the fever is gone. :D
(perhaps the last stand of durins son)
ideas are most welcome.
just remember that I need to be able to build it in one very busy week with several other terrain/painting projects to work on as well.

Who is going to make scenario 1 by the way radagasbird or barukhazad.
I think I was wrong with saying that the board needs to be smaller as it's very easy to have one board on wich you can play all the scenarios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:14 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think the work you are putting into this is great.

I will be aquiring (I think thats how you spell it) some Dwarves in the coming months to fight against my expanded Moria Army. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help, maybe some playtesting as I have a younger brother which I can play against and a large number of Moria and Dwellers Bellow warriors plus heroes. The only evil thing I don't have from the Khazad-Dum sourcebook is the Balrog, I got everything else... spiders, goblins, bat swarms, dragon...

I would also be happy to help with Board designs for the scenarios as I have a drawing board and I am a Graphics student so I could easily draw (in pencil) scale representations of the Layout. I have a scanner so I can put the drawings onto the website.

On top of that, I'll be constructing a Moria themed board over the Christmas holidays (and a Misty Mountains board later in the year.)

Yours, Cal

P.S. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the Fan-Made book people as part of a member group.

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:15 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ tdom: your help is most welcome. 8)
You should contact barukhazad about the playtesting as he makes the scenarios.
you said you are a graphics student, does this mean you can do artwork aswell.
correct me if i'm wrong because i don't know exactly what you do as a graphics student.

What type of gaming board are you going to make?
be sure to make a wip and get enough pics for an article.

And it might be an idea to ask barukhazad about an ivitation for dropbox.

@ everyone: I've nearly finished the maps for campaign one (still have to redo the first one)
:D
Next week I'll start with the game board, any special requests?

What do you all think about asking the more talented people down here (captain of the wolfriders,olofer,etc)
if they want to make a couple of drawings/paintings as artwork for the book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I do artwork as well, but I am more proficient at Technical Drawing. I can also use this as 'revision' for my upcoming exams in January.
I took Graphic Communication, Art and Design, History, 2 sciences and some other subject which I can't remember. Art and Graphics are part of a seperate course but I need to complete Portfolio work for both subjects. I'd be happy to draw a Dragon, Goblins, Wargs or Bat's for the book. Maybe even a Balrog to practice my Drawing skills on.

I mainly draw pencil sketches of still life, models and other random things. Right now I'm drawing a building reflected off of a skyscraper.

The board will be in 4 seperate parts for storage with rock formations and maybe some pillars. I want to have a 'Dragon's Den' part to it which I'll probably do last.

Only one question what is dropbox? I am not good with comupters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:01 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Dropbox is a small program that looks like a normal folder.
If you save something in that folder everyone you have invited can look/change these files.
This way we don't have to keep sending each other e-mails.
But radagastbird can't get it working so if you need to send something to him you still need to e-mail

You can download dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/
As barukhazad has made the fan made book folder you need to pm him for an invitation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:03 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I just finished the maps for campaign one they are in the dropbox folder and i will upload a few of them to photobucket.

Edit:
Here's the linkhttp://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad264/aqan/maps%20campaign%20one/

They are a bit larger but this was easy to upload.

Edit: I heard from tdom that you need a pasword so, here they are.
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Last edited by aqan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'll PM barukhazad for an invitation, I've downloaded the standard version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:24 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Welcome The_Dragon_of_Moria, I'm glad you're willing to use your gifts for this project
I mainly proofread articles and any other thing with words but (as said by aqan) I cannot access Dropbox so if you need any revising just PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Cheers,
Rad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Location: island of sheppey, kent, england, europe, earth, milky way, the universe!
i think wot you guys are doing is amazing im no to the hobby so i dont think i could help much but id love to see this when you guys finnish how long do you think this mammoth project will take?
good luck
ieuan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:18 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Briliant maps aqan. I just downloaded the files from dropbox.

I am going to draw a dragon, balrog (interpretation of the shadow and flame) and some bats. Which one would you like me to draw first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Good to hear you like the maps :D

I think the they should have a say in this aswell but for the nearly finished campaign we onely use bats (balrog in the first campaign and perhaps an dragon in the second)

so, i would say go for the bats but what do the others think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'd be happy to draw some bats, want me to draw a representation of the Goblin King as well?

Maybe we should start a thread for voting. I've also been pondering a name for the Book. I was thinking if we could call it the Durins Kin Supplement or the Moria and Erebor Supplement. Any other suggestions?

Also, (to any admins reading this thread) would it be possible for those involved in the Fan-made Book (Dwarves) to be able to be part of a group like some of the other One-Ring supplement teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I'm entirely new here and don't have any real standout talent as far as the hobby goes, but....
I offer my services, whatever you might need that I can do, I'll try my best. We already have a proofreader, but if you think it would help, I'm willing to be the second line. And if somebody with the knoledge of Tolkein lore could get together the info for the history section we're probabaly going to include, I'm not bad at putting stuff like that into a nice sounding historical article. I just think the whole fan made supplements thing was a genius idea, and there aren't enough out there. Hopefully, we can add one more. I've got an idea or two that I'd like you to consider, but that can wait 'till after the holidays. Till then, seasons greetings/partings?!
-Exceloia
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Good evening all.

@ barukhazad how is all the studying going?
Did you made any progres with the balrog campaign.
If so could you post this if not could you tell me what maps you want for the five scenario's

Quote:
Barukhazad wrote:anyway a small list of the ideas of campaign1:
prologue/scenario1: miners vs goblins, and the player with priority moves the balrog to represent the balrog is awaking
scenario2: miners fleeing from the balrog. probably with some special rules of lava or something
scenario3: durin vs the balrog
scenario4: nain (durin's son) with some dwarves against the balrog
scenario5: the dwarves are being persued by goblins while fleeding from moria and the elfs of lotherien come to their aid. i think the dwarves have a wounded captain or something which they have to protect.

(these scenario's)
I hope you can find some spare time to enjoy christmas. 8)

@eaothen how is your holiday. :)
any progres on the article?

@tdom The goblin king seems like a good idea but I was thinking (yes from time to time I do that :wink: ) and what do you all think about an drawing that shows some fast moria hall in all it's glory.
But I don't know if you want to do that.
I don't think we need a fan made book group but that's just my opinion.

@ Exceloia your help is most welcome.
Of course an second line proofreader is always usefull (not that I don't trust rad but we all make mistakes) :wink:
And what are your other ideas?
Btw the history is already done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@aqan: yes, I'm working on it, but now everything is gone.. I also lost the conversion article of the miner.. >.<
so more work on that, and that's also the reason I'm so quite lately, I'm working on those things.. but now with christmas and newyear comming up, I didn't have much time this week, buying presents, needed some new clothes to.. anyway, it'll just take some more time now (thx to my documents who dissapeared >.<) I'm sorry for that guys, it sounds like I'm always just make up excusses :( but that's not so (:

cya,
Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:30 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Time to get drawing then. :-D

I'll Draw some bats then maybe (If I have time) a Great Goblin. I have some tidying and revision to do so I'll hopefuly have some rough sketches done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next