All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:40 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, I also finished the (rather huge) history of the Dwarven people last week and came home from my trip fully expecting to have time to check all the editing, make sure all the spellings and accents were in place and put up some mock pictures in it just to show it off...

...and then my week went all weird and annoying. Only got at it last night. Hopefully I'll upload the file later today.

You can decide what you lot want to do with it then. heh.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

glad you all like it (:
ps: I've started a little with the mine cart but first I'll build one to see how it turns out and then made a new one for the article (: but it's gonna be busy for the next week.. :( but I'll see, got some time this evening so maybe I could finish some of it (:

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:28 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@ aelfwine, did you read the history or did you made a new history?
@ eaothen, so you're making miningcarts now?(if i've understood it right)
@radagastbird, did you make rules for miners? (in the age of the king are some rules for dwarf miners)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I wrote up a full history of the Dwarves as a people. I am also writing up a brief guide to the 7 houses. Neither are entirely original - they are a combination of details from other sources. I chose the most apt versions of the stories. The total chapter is about 18,000 words.

I know someone else was doing the history of Moria. So I didn't dwell overmuch on Moria. Well - Moria is the most important part of dwarvish history, but you know what I mean.

And yes, there are rules for miners from Age of the King that I was going to suggest everyone use.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

aelfwine, maybe eaothen could send you his history of khazad-dum

only to prevent you two dont write the same stuff because that would be a shame for all your effort and time!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@ Radagastbird thanks for the proofreading. 8)

Wich background are we going to use?

I'll start with the second map.

@ aelfwine I would really like to take a look at your history.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:35 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

@ Aqan, I say we use the background you found (if it isn't copyrighted)

I have put the rules up for discussion, here's the link
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, I can quite easily combine the two.

What I did was take the background used in various MERP supplements and the Decipher Lord of the Rings RPG, both put together by Tolkien scholars. The text has been re-written, so the only copyrighted things are the actual phrases. Neither game is in production anymore, so no problem there.

What I do not have is the Khazad Dum supplement, so if anyone has any useful history tidbits from that, I'd love to see them.

I'll upload the PDF tonight or tomorrow. Have a very exciting day ahead of me of house cleaning and so on (trying to sell my house - it involves a lot of house cleaning and leaving for hours on end!) and probably to a party thing later.

Gavin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@BaruKhazad: yes, I'm working on it, but don't have much time.. :(
@Aelfwine: could you pm me or something about your history?

Jorn. (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I've finished the mine cart yesterday, it turned out ok IMO so I'll build another for the article (: but now I really need to study first, sorry guys :(

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@aelfwine, good luck with selling your house!
@eaothen, if it don't turn out as you wanted, you could also give it another try. it's not like we're pushing you or something

okay to sum up what we already have:
campaign 3: scenario 1 till 6
rules of characters campaign 3
lome-list moria expedition
history moria
painting guide goblins
painting guide khazad guard
terrain guide balin/durings throne
a background thingy
rules for miners (i'll use these in campaign 1)

what we're working at:
miningcart (eoathen)
history dwarfs(aelfwine)
better lay-out pictures for the scenario's (aqan)
still the east-gate(me, but if you want the result, check my wip)

what yet to come
more scenario's (campaign 1 and 2)
any suggestions?

if i missed something, just tell me and i'll correct it
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
I've finished the mine cart yesterday, it turned out ok IMO so I'll build another for the article (: but now I really need to study first, sorry guys :(

Jorn.

hi all, I've got some time now, finished study at the moment and I was searching some on the net, and I've found one of those cool pics like I put in the history like balin and the khazad guard and such.
but now I've got another :D this one is of the dwarfs fighting against the goblins :D should I send it to one of you guys? let me know, maybe you can put it somewhere by the history? let me know and I'll send them ;)

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:45 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Quote:
but now I've got another this one is of the dwarfs fighting against the goblins should I send it to one of you guys?

Yes we need every picture.
Could you put up a link?

I've just started with the second map.

Perhaps I can do another (small) terrain guide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:00 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Good job Eaothen, that was quick. You can go study now :)
Please take a look at the rules above

:wink:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

aqan wrote:
Quote:
but now I've got another this one is of the dwarfs fighting against the goblins should I send it to one of you guys?

Yes we need every picture.
Could you put up a link?

I've just started with the second map.

Perhaps I can do another (small) terrain guide

well, it was yesterday that I found them (yes, found more in the meanwhile) but I've saved them somewhere in a map, but I'll send you via e-mail (:
@Radagastbird: what rules? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Aqan and Radagastbird, just send you the pics (:
now back to study :( :p
Jorn. (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

http://www.one-ring.co.uk/phpBB2/viewto ... 557#183557

i did my last test today so the next scenario's will be updated this week^^
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

ah, that link xD yes ok, but I've converted 2 dwarves for the mine carts and I'll put them in the article, is it ok that you guys put the rules with them? (: if not tell me, then I'll add them somewhere :p

Jorn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Scenario 7: The Bridge of Khazad-dum

After the major defeat at the East-gate the Dwarves pull back to the First Hall. Endless hordes of goblins allied with greater orcs smash through the barricades. Their numbers are enormous. The Dwarves can’t hold the defenses and pull back once more. Then they come to the bridge of Khazad-dum and the Dwarves can’t pass the bridge all at once. They decide to make one last stand to guarantee a safe retreat to the other halls of Khazad-dum to make plans to attack these invaders.

Historical participants:

Good:
Óin with heavy armor
Ori with heavy armor and The book of Mazarbul
Frár with heavy armor
Lóni with heavy armor
Náli with heavy armor
8 Dwarf warriors with shield
8 Dwarf warriors with bow
8 Dwarf warriors with two-handed weapon
6 Khazâd Guards

Evil:

2 Goblin captains
2 Goblin shamans
1 Cave troll
12 Goblins with shields
12 Goblins with bow
12 Goblins with spear
2 Giant spiders
1 Bat swarm
6 Wild wargs

Lay-out & Deployments:
This battle takes place at the Bridge of Khazad-dum at a 112cm by 112cm board. This is a small bridge of 25mm (so 1 normal infantry soldier fits of the bridge). The bridge is 40cm long. On both sides of the bridge are endless deeps(see special rules). The good side deploys around one “entrance” of the bridge. The evil side at the edge of the board.
Objectives:
The good side wins if 50% of the good side leaves the board at the southern edge.
The evil side wins by preventing this.

Special rules:
The bridge of Khazad dum:
-The bridge is 25cm wide so for everything with a larger base the bridge counts as difficult terrain. (This doesn’t count for spiders and bat swarms)
-If there’s a fight on the bridge there’s a good chance falling into the deep. This is represented by the following rule: If someone/something loses a fight on the bridge the owner of this figure need to rule a dice. On the roll of a 5+ the figure falls into the deep. The figure counts as being slain. (This rule can be modified by Might, for example if you roll a 5 you can spend 1Might to make the roll a 4)
-In addition to the previous rule: the figure which losses the fight but doesn’t fall to death he counts as being trapped.
-Bats can fly so for them this rule doesn't work(They won’t fall). The bats can also fly to the other side of the gaming board without using the bridge.

Point match:
The good side selects 550points from the Moria expedition list.
The evil side selects 550points from the Moria and dwellers below list.

since i've a new pc i dont have the english auto-correct-thingy, si it is possible it has some errors. if you find any, tell them and i'll edit it. (i tried to do it in the best english i could)

@eaothen, i'd love to see some pictures of your dwarf miners
@ radagast bird, i got some idea for a prologue(campaign 1) with your miners. 100point miners vs 100point goblin and the player with priority moves the balrog to represent it is awaking. what do you think?

Last edited by BaruKhazad on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Here are some of the few mistakes I found:

Scenario 7: The Bridge of Khazad-dum

After the major defeat at the East-gate the Dwarves pull back to the First Hall. Endless hordes of goblins allied with greater orcs smash through the barricades. Their numbers are enormous. The Dwarves can’t hold the defenses and pull back once more. Then they come to the bridge of Khazad-dum and the Dwarves can’t pass the bridge all at once. They decide to make one last stand to guarantee a safe retreat to the other halls of Khazad-dum to make plans to attack these invaders.

Historical participants:

Lay-out & Deployments:
This battle takes place at the Bridge of Khazad-dum at a 112cm by 112cm board. This is a small bridge of 25mm (so 1 normal infantry soldier fits of the bridge). The bridge is 40cm long. On both sides of the bridge are endless deeps(see special rules). The good side deploys around one “entrance” of the bridge. The evil side at the edge of the board.

Objectives:
The good side wins if 50% of the good side leaves the board at the southern edge.
The evil side wins by preventing this.

Special rules:
The bridge of Khazad dum:
-The bridge is 25cm wide so for everything with a larger base than the bridge counts as difficult terrain. (This doesn’t count for spiders and bat swarms)
-If there’s a fight on the bridge there’s a good chance falling into the deep. This is represented by the following rule: If someone/something loses a fight on the bridge the owner of this figure need to rule a dice. On the roll of a 5+ the figure falls into the deep. The figure counts as being slain. (This rule can be modified by Might, for example if you roll a 5 you can spend 1Might to make the roll a 4)
-In addition to the previous rule: the figure which losses the fight but doesn’t fall to death he counts as being trapped.
-Bats can fly so for them this rule doesn't work(They won’t fall). The bats can also fly to the other side of the gaming board without using the bridge.

I really like this scenario, Its quite simple yet the desperate context makes it so much more heroic. I just love it! :D

Concerning the Scenario for the prologue; I think it has great potential as I could see a Balrog just knocking about whomever he sees as he dramatically emerges from the rock. I wonder, though, what the objectives would be? Get the Dwarves off the map to warn the others of their great mistake? Looks like a great idea to start a Campaign!!! :-D
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next