All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

Post subject: Gondor Campaign Turn 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:13 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Prince Imrahil leads The Fiefdoms against the combined forces of Minas Morgul and Barad Dur in a War of the Ring game as the Rohan Outriders fight a Strategy Battle Game skirmish against The Dwimmerlaik and orc trackers as part of Turn 5 of our Gondor Campaign.

You can see the battle reports and follow the entire campaign on my blog at http://lotrwarofthering.blogspot.com/

Warlord
 Post subject: Re: Gondor Campaign Turn 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:57 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Despite the fact that these reports are very enjoyable and the amount of painted miniatures is impressive (great job!) i have to admit thag it's kinda sad for a Gondor player like me to see Gondor armies butchered in every battle.... What special rules are you using?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

We are not using any special rules except for applying the SBG siege rules to War of the Ring which required a few modifications. The reason Gondor is getting defeated early on in the campaign is because we are playing it "historical". Gondor is weak at the beginning of the war and in the books Osgiliath and Cair Andros were both overrun before the forces of evil descended upon Minas Tirith. Gondor's only chance was when reinforcements arrived from Rohan and The Fiefdoms.

In our campaign, the Evil players decided to wait until all of Sauron's armies massed and then tried to delay the reinforcements from arriving. But the clock is ticking since there are only twelve turns to the campaign. I believe it is the Evil side's strategy to hit Minas Tirith with everything and hope to quickly take the city in one turn and not be too concerned with the arrival of Rohan and the Fiefdoms.

We will have to see what happens in Turn 6 which we will be playing in February to see if their strategy works. If not, they will have to deal with the combined armies of Rohan and Minas Tirith and oh don't forget... the eagles are coming!

Oh and the models are from all of our collections, not just mine so I'll pass along the compliments on the painting.

Warlord

http://lotrwarofthering.blogspot.com/
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Now this sounds extremely juicy :wink: so you were actually playing historically after all, and.... the siege is coming!! I bet it's gonna be epic, and i (also) bet that the Outer Wall will hold still. Let's see what happens then! Great job
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Interesting read so far, definitely looks like its building up to a massive siege on Minas Tirith!