All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:45 pm

Post subject: Rematch - Hashut vs Thermo 500pts Lords of Battle
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

A week on after the close run thing that was our last Lords of Battle encounter, Hashut and I agreed to rematch the scenario based on what we had learned the previous week.

One thing I had learned, despite getting the victory, was that fighting an all hero dwarven force with rohan was tough tough when you lack a hero with f6 or more.

With this in mind, I ambushed Hashut with an all hero list of my own, the first I have played with so far.

Eomer, KotP (a.horse)
Elrohir and Elladan (horses, elf bows, h.armour) +1 RoA
Mounted Ranger of the North (Thanks Matt!)
Glorfindel (asfaloth, armour of gondolin)

Not only 2 f6 heroes, but an f7 too...Balin, Gimli, King's Champion, watch out!

But rattled by this ambush, Hashut did some quickfire adjustments himself, ditching is King's Champion and proxying in a Legolas!

Not to worry, time for battle!

Deployment pretty much consisted of the dwarves being placed in a defensive circle around Legolas (wearing elven cloak) so whilst originally my plan was to use my mounted firepower to force the dwarves to give chase, isolate them one at a time and charge in, with Legolas now in the picture and unable to target him with his cloak, I deployed much closer and prepared for a game of less finesse.

Immediately, Legolas bow managed to take out one of the Twin's horses. Indeed during this quickfire battle, it would be the beasts on four legs that would suffer, all but Eomer's coming to a violent end.

But despite Hashut making the RSPCA's most wanted list, I was busy committing hate crimes on small people, the Dwarf King biting the dust early.

Legolas did have a pretty neat moment, as a mightless Glorfindel lost
a fight, all his fate and a wound in one go! But soon our blonde, shield surfing friend bit the dust.

Wounds, fate and might were being chewed everywhere butthere was another incredibly fun moment where the ranger of the north fought off Dain, who chose to fight eomer instead. But with dain and legolas slain and he twins keeping balin busy, it was also the Ranger of the North's dice that slew Gimli and ended the game!

20-15 to meeeeeee. Victory!

All in all, a good bit of fun between friends.... all done in 45 minutes... with much chatting and catching up in between.

... time enough for another game, stay tuned!

Post subject: Re: Rematch - Hashut vs Thermo 500pts Lords of Battle
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Nice short, fun report there, mate! I'm glad the RotN served you well, sounds like he was on steroids in that match haha!

Post subject: Re: Rematch - Hashut vs Thermo 500pts Lords of Battle
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:09 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sounds like a fun game :) Great report :)

Check out my WIP! :meh: