All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Hobbit pre-orders on 22nd November
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Just seen list of the pre-orders for the 22nd November from Warseer. It looks like it could be genuine.

• The Hobbit - Thranduil, King of the Woodland Realm: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Thranduil mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of Mirkwood: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Legolas mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Tauriel, Mirkwood Exile: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniature of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Captain: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniatures of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Bowmen: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 3 Finecast miniatures in a Clampack.
 Post subject: Re: Hobbit pre-orders on 22nd November
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:05 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wow, available while stock lasts, is a bad phrase.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Finecast was a sad possibility we were all prepared for. While stocks last is almost crushing.

Wondr how many bowmen to get. 24 would be my default answer, but if they're not 100% bow limit then I'll just get a dozen. Difficult to tell since the book isn't up for preorder too, and the damned things might be gone in an hour or two (i bet they've made, like, three packs or something).

Last edited by Creaky on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:08 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It may just mean they are a splash release and then still be available as Direct Only.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I hope this is fake because... finecast...

And Thranduil on horse? don't you mean Elk?

My W.I.P - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28062
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:34 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Well every list with a bit of thinking on it can look genuine...

more important, what is the source !

I will just wait for official statements, because with every possible release, there's popping up possible lists, and I have not yet seen one come true.
But we will see.
finecast Elfs would suck, and be a bit inconsistend since we already had two plastic sets.

But I guess almost everyone agrees these lists are probably nonsense, it is the fun of thinking and speculating that makes even me reply to this :-)

prov. 27:17
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It's the Monday before White Dwarf is released on the Friday. This is when news starts to escape. In the move to weekly releases it makes perfect sense that they'd release the models in waves - race by race seems a sensible way forward with all the elves coming out together. I'm 99% sure that this list is legit.

As for the content, it looks good, Finecast was always the likely choice and the Finecast Heroes last year (Beorn, Thranduil, Master, Alfrid etc.) were far nice than the plastics (Leggy and Tauriel). I welcome a new Tauriel sculpt in particular. Shame about the bowmen but hey-ho, I'm sure Thranduil and Tauriel will be in my basket on Saturday :-)

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The source is someone on warseer who has an early copy of White Dwarf. Monday is usually when the releases for the next WD get leaked.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Farmer Maggot wrote:
The source is someone on warseer who has an early copy of White Dwarf. Monday is usually when the releases for the next WD get leaked.

Yeah I just looked it up on warseer the same guy has posted up reliable leeks before.
They will direct only I'd say after their initial release.
Selling only the archers is so weird? What about sword and spear mirkwood elves, hopefully they will be in a box? Fingers Crossed.

But if that turns out to be Thranduil and his Elk (not horse) then I couldn't care about anything else.
However profiles? There is none for the Elfs or Thranduil mounted and in heavy armour. Its weird that they would release models before they released the profile and its not like that can include it in the box like they did with dale?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:22 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

They have recently taken to releasing minis with rules in WD, and then the rulebook at the end of the release month, so it's not that odd.

Looking at the finecast characters - interesting that they all have different subtitles? King of the Woodland realm, Prince of Mirkwood, Mirkwood Exile - are we looking at completely new profiles, rather than revised ones? Has GW given a subtitle to a character model before, without changing the profile? With things like the hobbits, eomer, etc it always indicated a secondary profile. Variants to be used with the initial profile just seemed to get the same name.

All this finecast is going to bankrupt me, and it's not like I can wait to pick it up in bits here and there.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Farmer Maggot wrote:
Just seen list of the pre-orders for the 22nd November from Warseer. It looks like it could be genuine.

• The Hobbit - Thranduil, King of the Woodland Realm: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Thranduil mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of Mirkwood: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Legolas mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Tauriel, Mirkwood Exile: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniature of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Captain: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniatures of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.
  • The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Bowmen: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 3 Finecast miniatures in a Clampack.

lol :-D
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:29 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It’s either a typo in the leak or GW have already decided they’re going to have some issues getting the right model in the right box.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Farmer Maggot wrote:
It’s either a typo in the leak or GW have already decided they’re going to have some issues getting the right model in the right box.

Nah its GW's new approach to selling The Hobbit.... Lucky Dip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Wow, look at all that stuff I am not buying!

I have a certain regard for the Mirkwood armoured Elf designs, and was quite tempted by the idea of getting them in plastic at some point. Had these been in metal, I'd have been equally tempted, despite the price. But resin? Not happening. (Though I am tempted to get the Tauriel model for a future conversion project. The way the hobbyist mind works...)

That being said: my mini backlog and my wallet is sighing with relief!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

To be honst, i never had any problem with resin, i actualy like it on some models but cant believe the idea of continuing releases of simple units in clampacks of 3 for this price.
Fingers crossed that they wont do the same as laketown and gundabad orcs. :(

Armies:Fiefdoms, Eastern Kingdoms
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I know Amy would have liked to see the Bowmen as a plastic set and not a 'finecast 3' job like the Orcs (who I was still holding some hope of appearing in plastic until now) but I'm sure she'll pick some up along with the characters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:10 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm just glad if this is true, that we get stuff this early.

Available While Stocks Last and just finecast, however, is bad news. Also, no Bard, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

EDIT: Here are the prices

· £27 The Hobbit - Thranduil, King of the Woodland Realm: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Thranduil mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.

· £27 The Hobbit - Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of Mirkwood: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 2 Finecast miniatures of Legolas mounted on horse and on foot in a clampack.

· £15 The Hobbit - Tauriel, Mirkwood Exile: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniature of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.

· £12 The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Captain: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 1 Finecast miniatures of Tauriel on foot in a clampack.

· £15 The Hobbit - Mirkwood Armoured Bowmen: Available While Stocks Last - Contains 3 Finecast miniatures in a Clampack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yay! New releases, and earlier than anticipated.

Nothing here for me though, I don't collect Elves.

I hope there will be some plastic sets for DOS as the next few months will no doubt be the swan song for the whole range... note the price rises, last years Clam pack Foot and Mounted were £25, these are £27.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Most looks promising, but I'm really disappointed at the 3 pack of archers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Gene Parmesan wrote:
Most looks promising, but I'm really disappointed at the 3 pack of archers.

Agree. But will get 12 anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next